Sunday, September 12, 2010

New look

I'm sure you probably noticed the change in the blog.

This is going to be a gradual change done in stages.

First, the name has changed. 

Next will be the look.  The current header is only temporary until (hopefully) my coworker can whip me up a really cool one.  This will be at least another few weeks, however, because he just left on a two-week honeymoon.

And after that - the URL, which is the most out-of-date thing about this blog.  It is no longer my Colorado Countdown and hasn't been for quite some time.  I just couldn't hit on a new blog identity - until recently.

I didn't want my new blog to have the same theme as the last one - "big city girl" returns to the West.  I wanted it to incorporate Todd more and it to be about our comfortable, happy little life.  

Peonies are one of my favorite flowers.  I love how old fashioned and homey they are.  Jeff M. will probably never read my blog (not that he does now) because of the peony reference.  I had a large peony in our garden in D.C., and he wasn't a big fan (I think secretly he loves it though...)  Peonies are also the feminine and pistols is obviously more masculine, representing Todd.  

Eventually, I am going to move the blog to Wordpress and find a place to host it.  Blogger is making me crazy and it's time to move on.  I want greater capabilities and pages and my own URL without "blogspot" in it.

So, the change has begun.

Please be patient as I make all these new moves.  It's going to take some time to get it how I want it, but I think it will definitely be worth it!     

No comments: