Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Casper weekend

So, the first weekend in Casper wasn't too bad.  I mean, the apartment is crap and Rigby has to live like a captive while we basically camp, but beyond that - I could do Casper.

Here are some pics from the weekend...

I took Rigby up to Casper Mountain to get him - and me - out of the apartment and car...


 Look how blue the sky is! No photoshopping...


 The woods were alive (you have to sing this like it's from The Sound of Music) with people!  Snowmobilers, cross country skiers, and dogsledders.  I have ALWAYS wanted to do this...


Once, many moons ago when I lived in Casper, my friends Jeff and Linda and I went to breakfast at this place.  It's still there!  Saturday morning I took Todd and Rigby up there for breakfast...


 How cozy, huh...?


Afterward we decided to do some exploring, so we headed up to Jonna's parent's ranch outside Kaycee, Wyo.  They live out by the Hole in the Wall...


They're real deal ranchers and have lots of working ranch dogs like this lil' guy.  His name is Ox...


 Jonna's dad and Ox.  Look at the way that puppy gazes up at Wayne!


 He was so gosh darn cuddly!  He just softly pawed at you, and snuggled, and sniffed your hair...


Todd and Wayne...


 I'm bottle feeding a calf, something I've never done before...Her name is Jemima. 


Yeah, Casper's alright.

4 comments:

artemisia said...

Baby cows are the cutest damn things. SO! CUTE!

You are such good people, you and Todd.

Oh, and that puppy, made me melt. Also? I miss our family ranch (grandparents). There is just something so honest about that life, you know?

MOM said...

That looks like so much fun. I'd love to visit their ranch sometime and do that. Wow, there's a lot of snow in Casper. Unbelievable at this time of year, but I remember some blizzards into May when we were in Gillette.

MOM said...

That puppy sure pulls at your heartstrings. Awww!!! I can tell he is cuddly with you, and I'm sure you wanted to just take him home and smuggle him into the aparment, too:) I used to have to mix formula and feed a baby calf, too, when I was growing up. This all makes me miss growing up on a farm.

Elly said...

This sounds like the most perfect day ever!!! Puppies and cows and ranchers - oh my!