Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Miracle!

My camera is found!

I called the restaurant I was at yesterday one last time this morning to see if it had turned up, but to no avail.

So, desperately sad, I walked out to my car to check around in the daylight and would you believe? There was my camera, laying in the leaves and dirt by the curb outside my car. It must have fallen out of my coat pocket on my way in last night.

This is truly a Christmas miracle!

And, lucky for you, I can now share all my tree-hunting/cutting pictures.

So many candidates. Which one will be going home with me...?

Paying little attention to anything else but the tree I had my eye on, I fell into a darn deep hole. Ok, to be fair to myself, it was covered by snow! Even if I HAD been watching where I was going I would have likely fallen. My friend Nathan thought it was pretty funny. It was...


After much searching I found my tree. No one can accuse me of not being a tree hugger!


Nathan hard at work with the saw. His dog Sierra is supervising...

Nathan gave a loud lumberjack yell..."TIMM-BER!"... and my tree was down. Note Sierra looking on satisfactorily at a job well done...


Nathan hauling the tree, and Sierra a leader once again. Look at the commanding way she forges ahead...


Packing up...


The Beartree in Centennial, Wyo. I've always wanted to eat here, but have never gotten around to it. The place is apparently known for their pizza, and that, with a beer (x2), is exactly what I wanted to complete my Currier & Ives tree-hunting day...


We had a couple of these each to compliment our delicious artichoke, black olive and chicken pizza. Yum...!

1 comment:

Rick said...

Your day sounds remarkably similar to the day I spent with my friends, stumbling around on the search for the perfect tree:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kaijsa/3087791589/

Only we skipped the Beartree for french dips back at Kaijsa's. Any day you've got a choice between the Beartree's mexican pizza and homemade french dips, that's a mighty fine day! :)