Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Cookbooks and cowboy boots

Last night Holly, her friend Kelli and I drove down to the Tattered Cover bookstore in Denver to get our Pioneer Woman cookbooks signed.

We were really excited! Several of us gals read her incredibly popular blog and have tried several recipes from it, which have been turned into her new cookbook, "The Pioneer Woman Cooks."

The place was a zoo!

I truly don't think the Tattered Cover was prepared for the turnout, which is kind of silly. Her blog was recently named by Time magazine as one of the top 25 blogs of 2009. She gets, from my very unscientific observation, no less than 200 comments per post - she's popular!

I pre-ordered several copies I wanted to get signed for Christmas gifts, and by the end of the day had added a couple more requests for signed books to my list.

Sadly, it didn't happen.

I was the only one from our group that actually got to see her speak - and she's super cute, by the way! The store ran out of books, so Holly and Kelli weren't going to get a signed one anyway. And the lines were so long! We finally decided to give up and just hit the road for home.

We got some fun photos though! And we had a fun time, so it wasn't a complete wash - except for the gift-giving part. I'm going to have to get creative about that...

The books I pre-ordered...I was supposed to get a couple more, but no such luck! Holly said people were getting snippy about how many books I had (and how many they didn't), so I stuck them in my bag. Online ordering, people!


It took us an hour and a half to make it down this flight of stairs to the landing...


Proof I was there! The crowd doesn't look as overwhelming here. Believe me. It was.


Here she is! I was NOT this close to her. Office camera helped get this photo snapped. She was cute, and nice, and funny. It's fun I got to at least see her in person!

2 comments:

Brandy said...

I think you were right behind me in line :)

I had to leave too. Oh well, fun night though

MOM said...

She must have a ton of fans. That's great. I'm glad you got most of yours ahead of time, Kimberly.