Monday, August 17, 2009

But I want to

I went to Todd's on Sunday to do some laundry. Since I had time to spare I decided to start measuring rooms and furniture to see how things- if things - could really fit.

It was while I was in the "master bedroom" that I had a revelation...

If we swapped out night stands, moved that dresser there...hmmm...

By crackie - I think this would work!

I immediately texted Todd my theory and that I might bring a few kitchen things over.

I imagined a rather leisurely move in, but when I got his response of, "That's great!" something snapped inside. It was like a fire had been lit under my...butt.

I drove to my house and honest-to-goodness packed half of my kitchen into my car right then and there. As I drove that first packed car to my new home I texted him that much of my kitchen would be there when he got home. As well as myself.

Then the Sugarland song "Want To" came on the radio. It is THE ONLY song of their's that I like. I pulled into my new neighborhood with the windows down, the song blaring, and me singing at the top of my lungs.

My neighbors are gonna love me!


Whole world could change in a minute
Just one kiss could stop this spining
We could think it through
But I don't want to, if you don't want to
We could keep things just the same
Leave here the way we came, with nothing to lose
But I don't want to, if you don't want to

But I want you

No comments: