Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tantalizing tomato

I love roasting veggies. But of all the veggies I've roasted I have never tried tomatoes.

Until tonight.

They came out quite delicious! I ate them by themselves, but could totally imagine them in salads or pasta, or with fresh mozzarella, or on French bread smeared with roasted garlic. (And no, Linds C., I haven't become a huge pasta eater!)

To make them:

Cut the stem end off of however many Roma tomatoes you want to make. Slice them in half lengthwise. Clean out the seeds and membranes and place them insides up on a baking sheet lightly spritzed with oil.

Drizzle olive oil over the tomatoes, shake a few twists of a salt grinder over them, and sprinkle with fresh thyme to your liking.

Bake in a 325 degree oven for 1 hour and 45 minutes.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Rick said...

and they're also delicious on the grill!