Sunday, December 6, 2009

Ain't no Charlie Brown tree

Todd and I cut down our tree yesterday outside Woods Landing, Wyo.

It is...perfect!

Our first stop for a tree. Nothing here...


We went a little farther down the road and there it was...the perfect tree, just calling to me to come home with us. Here's my Wisconsin lumberjack cutting down the tree with a hatchet. He said it was more woodsy than a saw...


Me with the tree post-cut...


Preparing for the journey home...


Our little snow dog. We were right by the side of the road, so thought it best to keep him in the truck...


On our way home we had a beer and split a burger at the Woods Landing bar and dance hall. I've ALWAYS wanted to go to a dance here! I'd love to rent one of their cabins and spend the night kicking up my heels in the hall...


The bar at Woods Landing...


This CRACKED me up! It's the basket liner our burgers came in. I love it when food becomes a character! It reminds me of the walls at Corona Village Andale Rapido in Laramie.


This one is just cute...


Todd decorating...


Me decorating. I don't have photoshop at home to fix the color...


The finished product!


Certainly no Charlie Brown tree!

5 comments:

MOM said...

Very nice!! Looks great there. The pictures are great, as usual, Kimberly. We'll sure be missing you all at Christmas. Do you have some of your old ornaments as you were growing up? I was thinking I asked you girls to pick through what you wanted from our box, to put on your trees. We still have your little one, too, that Grandma Sears made the skirt and got little ornaments every year for. Todd, I like the picture of you and Rigby.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could come back, but just don't think I should take the time this month. Maybe next month, or February when Todd can come too!

MOM said...

I know. You two have had to take a lot of time off work this month. You enjoy your Christmas together, and with Todd's Mom, too. Sometime in January or February sounds good. Maybe you will be able to go see your new niece and family too around then. Can you and Kelly believe you are going to be an aunt again, only of a niece? Here comes the tea parties, etc.:)

Stacey said...

and the BARBIES and My Little Ponies - Woo woo! :)
Nice tree and colored lights... (shaking head) :)

Linds C said...

Are your walls painted the same yellow that was in your DC apartment?!