Sunday, February 8, 2009

Ft. Collins frolicking...

Yesterday I went to Ft. Collins, Colo., to kill some time since all my other plans were canceled.

I figured I'd hit up antiques row and just really take some time browsing. I made it through one store when my friend Molly from work, who was also in Ft. Collins hanging out with her cousin and his wife, texted me to join them at the O'Dells brewery. Needless to say, antiquing went out the window.

It was uncanny that Molly mentioned going there because on my way down I had been thinking how much I would like to do just that.

O'Dells is a Colorado brewery and their beers are pretty great. I've been drinking pints of their Easy Street wheat since college. I'm also a fan of their 5 Barrel Pale Ale and 90 Schilling.

The tap room was packed! I ordered the "pilot" - their flight of seasonal beers - and a pint of Easy Street and hunkered down with the rest of the crew.

Other breweries to come!



Inside the tap room...

My flight and pint...

The cousins...


Me and Veronica enjoying our brews...

Molly and I crashed at Brandon and Veronica's and went to breakfast this morning at Choice City Butcher and Deli in Old Town Ft. Collins. It was awesome! The digs...


More of the digs...


Look how CUTE that squat pot of strawberry jam is! It was delish too! Lots of cinnamon going on in there...


My breakfast. Portabella benedict and fried tomatoes. Pretty darn tasty...

2 comments:

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

Whoa. That breakfast looks incredible. Is that hollondaise sauce on the benedict? Or is it something else?

I like Ft. Collins a lot. It's a really fun town. I think that the east coast version is Durham New Hampshire. They're very similar. Right now, a brewery in Colorado seems like a great way to spend a few hours!

It looks like you had fun!

Anonymous said...

I've never been to Odells. Would you prefer that to Fat Tire?