Saturday, February 14, 2009

Korean cuisine

Yesterday Molly, Brandon and I went to lunch at the Korean House in Cheyenne.

It was the first time any of us had been there. It's a total hole-in-the-wall kind of place that in passing you might think twice about entering. It's usually these places that are the best though, and I had heard some good things about this one.

The little place was pretty busy. We each ordered something different so we could taste everyone else's choice. Molly and Brandon also ordered an egg roll of sorts that was kind of like a deep fried cabbage and meat roll. It was pretty good, I admit.

Overall, I would totally go back. It wasn't quite as good as the Korean buffet we would sometimes go to in Virginia, but if I'm jonesing for something "ethnic" this place will definitely do the trick.

Yeah, I know...we went in there?!


The fridge full of jars of kimchee (a pickled/fermented veggie side that's spicy. Sounds bad, but it's so good!), pickled radish, and pickled cucumber. The kimchee and radish were delish!


My bulgogi - a wine(esq) marinated beef plate with sticky rice. I LOVE sticky rice. Love. You can also see the fried cabbage roll thing...


Brandon's spicy chicken on the right and Molly's Be Bim Bop, which looked amazing. There's an egg on top...!


The scenic wildlife paneling is an interesting choice for decor, but somehow it just worked...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks yummy. It looks like the presentation is really well done. I don't think the outside looks too bad.