Thursday, March 26, 2009

Country storms and snow songs - what?

The wind is blowing and it hasn't stopped snowing since I woke up!

That sort of rhymes.

Maybe it could be a country song...

The wind is blowing
and it hasn't stopped snowing
since I woke up
this mornin'...

Maybe not.

Regardless, the governor officially closed all state offices in Cheyenne today at 3 p.m. because it hasn't let up - since 5 a.m. There was a nasty - I heard 40 car - pile up north of Ft. Collins, Colo., on I-25. It's not stock-your-pantry snow, but it's pretty crappy out.

My coworker Matt and I left around 2:30 p.m. I didn't want to go straight home...I was bored. But what was there to do? Everything was closed. So, I went and got a bottle of wine. On my way home I stopped by this dive bar near my place called The Four Winds and had a beer by myself while I watched NASCAR and some stupid ESPN2 show called Jim Rome's On Fire?? I don't wish to see it again...

Fed up, and overwhelmed with a sudden need to clean my apartment I left. Since then that's what I've been doing.

And the wine? It's a new try and pretty good. It's Bad Dog Ranch petite syrah. I hesitated at first because a) I'd never heard of it, b) it was a really good deal, and c) Bad Dog sounded too much like MAD Dog (20/20), which is the gross "bum" wine. That's how it's described!

I took a chance - and was pleasantly surprised.

So, I'll finish my glass then...I guess flip on Thursday night NBC...?

I look out my window,
and gaze at the snow,
but with 30 Rock blarin',
it can just blow.

Still not country...

No comments: