Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hodge podge

No real theme to today's post. Just some random thoughts and observations...

Random thought:

I wanted to do something to keep track of all the visitors I've had since settling in to my Cheyenne home. I didn't want to keep a formal "guest book" because that just seems weird and stuffy. I decided on cowboy boots instead. Any time out-of-town visitors come through I have them sign a boot, and when they're all filled up I'll use them as bookends! Nifty, huh?

The problem was, I concocted this idea after I'd already had several visitors - mostly from D.C. I sent the boot back with Elly, who was in the state a while back for work, with the important goal of getting it signed. She presented the boot to me when she was in Wyoming a couple months ago.

I LOVE it!!!

Random thought/observation:

I love, love this truck. I really want an old truck. I always have. And a Jeep Wrangler. Those are the two vehicles I want to someday own. There are several old trucks around here, but I passed this one downtown on my way back from coffee at City News and was impressed by its beautiful condition. I wish I had it in me to be a car thief. Of course I'm not. But at times like this I wish I could be...

Random observation:

Due to some annoying, ongoing construction on the street RIGHT in front of our office many of us don't have access to our parking lot. Instead we have to park in the garage a couple blocks away. I know...who ever complains about free garage parking?? But the construction blocks our direct route from the garage to the office, forcing us to walk completely out of the way.

The route takes us in front of the Wrangler cowboy clothing store. Today, I looked up at the building and for the first time ever noticed this...

Um...creepy!

1 comment:

MOM said...

I agree...creepy. I guess they wanted it to look like there was a party going on:) I love the boot, and that's a neat idea.