Saturday, May 9, 2009

Native

When I woke up on Saturday morning it was pretty nice out and I decided it would be a good idea to sit outside with an iced coffee at Starbucks.

But by the time I was ready to leave, the weather had changed and the cute sundress and flip flops I had on weren't going to cut it. So, I threw on some jeans, a long-sleeved tee and a hoodie and kept the flip flops.

It was a little cool sitting outside, but not bad.

A while later a man wearing sweatpants and a short-sleeved tee walked by noting my choice of shoes and places to sit.

"You must be a native!" he laughed.

And I've only been back a year...

1 comment:

MOM said...

Do you feel like a native? I remember we would take our coats to the mountains with us in the summertime, but have shorts and sandals on when we lived in Littleton.