Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cheytown Bruisers

That's the name of the volleyball team my friends Matt and Molly put together for a bunch of us at work.

Since I've never really liked volleyball, I opted out of playing and for cheerleading.

Our first game was last night and we...sucked. We got CREAMED with scores of 25-8 and 25-17, the last of which was not a terrible showing. The other team was giving us pointers, and when the games were over the refs told us we could stick around to practice - which would help a a new ref practice too. Clearly, practice makes perfect...

My cheers sucked too. I really need to work on some clever ones for next week! I'm contemplating adding music...

The team...
We have matching shirts, compliments of Matt who is our office graphic designer. We also have nicknames, which were picked carefully (and evilly) by our awesome co-captains. I'm Skiddles! (exclamation mark included)...


The ball stuck behind the big rolled up curtain. Yeah...that was our fault...


Me in a classic cheerleader pose, with "Mustard Gas," a.k.a. Casey, behind me...


Ah, here we go...something we're GOOD at...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so bummed i missed out. i heard that is was a fun showing and that the bruisers, although not the most gifted in athleticism, were well liked for their tough efforts! -Molly

Anonymous said...

My favorite cheer to shout at FSU football games is: I'm blind! I'm deaf! I want to be a ref! Give it a try.