Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It happened again!

I was sitting on my couch about to go back to work when my screen door suddenly opened.

At first I thought it might be my dad who is in town and who tried to call earlier. Maybe he was back early from his business meetings in Laramie and was coming by the apartment?

But there was no hello or anything, so I got up from the couch and in my entry way stood a large man who just kept walking in.

I said, "Um, hi. This is my apartment," in a what are you doing in here tone of voice.

He just looked at me, looked at my living room - yes he was that far in - then said, oh, laughed, and left.

For a split second I thought he was going to make his way all the way into my living room. The thought actually crossed my mind I might be able to take him - if I had to - because he was older and wearing an oxygen tank and tubes.

This is the second time this has happened! I don't get it - there is nothing - absolutely nothing - that indicates my apartment may also be a business. Where is this confusion coming from??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might want to think about removing the flashing neon sign that says, "SPA" over your front door. Just a thought...

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

hahaha... I'm laughing at the comment above mine. It's happened two separate times with two different people? Do you live in a commercial area?

That's actually sort of scary. Lock your doors, even in the day time.