Saturday, June 21, 2008

9 to 5

Or 8 to 5 as will be the case with my new job!!

On Friday morning the organization in Cheyenne I was waiting to hear back from offered me a position. So, after four months of unemployment - not counting the brief stint at the kitchen store - I'm a workin' girl again!

Starting July 7, I will be working and living in Cheyenne.

This is not at all what I thought would happen when I left D.C. I was focused on Colorado, Colorado, Colorado. I didn't want to return to Wyoming yet. I even went out of my way to avoid this. But try as I might to create other windows of opportunity in Colorado they all slammed shut. The one and only window that remained open was in Cheyenne, and I figured it was like that for a reason.

So, over the pass I go to Wyoming's capitol city - and remarkably I am really excited about it. And weirded out. I just can't seem to get over the fact I'll be living in Cheyenne.

Friday night Linds took me for drinks to celebrate. We went to one of our old stomping grounds, The Ranger. If you think it looks seedy it's because, well, it is. But Linds, Jonna, Apes and I used to go there about once a week for Colorado Bulldogs (basically a White Russian with Coke) while we were in school.

Now, the house hunting begins. How wonderful to have a job AND my own place!


No comments: