Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Daddy of 'Em All is Done

Monday morning, after the rodeo was over, I donned my boots once again for a trip up to Frontier Park. I wanted to look around after all the hub-bub, and was it a different place!

The grounds were completely desolate minus one lone man feeding the bulls and horses left in some of the corrals. I went up to the Press Deck, walked down into the arena, lingered by the horse corral, and stopped for a bit to watch the bulls in their pen.

It was kind of sad how quickly the place became quiet. It was also weird to think that with all the excitement over I would have nothing more to do but focus on my new Wyoming life. I considered Monday the first day of this new life - and I wasn't sure what I thought of it.

I don't wish myself back in D.C. or anything, but it's just crazy to think that after the whirlwind five months I spent as a gypsy I will be setting up shop in Cheyenne. CHEYENNE! Who would ever have guessed! Not me! I have a new apartment, new job, some new friends - and some old who are kind of new again - everything is different!

Eventually, I walked back to my car to get ready for my "first" day in the office.

Here are some final pics from The Daddy of 'Em All!

The PR House. Dead. Quiet. After all the activity and beers that went on here...

Wild Horse Gulch as a ghost town...

The cowboy ready area. This is where they get changed and ready to ride - yes, it's out in the open too. Yep.


The benches are signed by other cowboys, which is pretty neat...
The empty corrals...
The vacant arena...

All week long I stood on the bench directly to the left of that first chute...


From the ready room again...

Many a cowboy landed in here...


And lastly, Chute 9 where the timed events happen...


Until next year, Frontier Days!

No comments: