Friday, March 21, 2008

Locked and Found

Keys. Funny little things. How you can lose them or lock them in something, like say, a gym locker.

This happened to me today. This is no surprise to those who know me. The losing of them happened my first real night in town after karaoke, which is even less of a surprise. And yes, I have already scoped out and patronized the two locations in town that have this. The surprises are less and less so, I know.

But karaoke is a total aside, and perhaps a topic for another post.

Today, I had to have my lock cut off at the gym because I accidentally shoved my entire set of keys in there with a pile of clothes. Of course I didn't realize this until much too late, cutting my work out short.

The lock was the same one I used to secure the U-Haul door, so it was pretty darn sturdy, but after much wrangling with the cutters it's now gone.

I've made a note to myself to get more house keys made, and maybe another car key. I already have one spare, which came in handy last Monday when my keys fell out of my pocket at Denny's, where I later recovered them.

Moving was supposed to wipe my lost/stolen track record clean...I'm not off to a very good start.

No comments: