Friday, March 14, 2008

You've Got Mail

Or, at least, I do. At the Avon post office!

Carrie and I went to check her P.O. box and lo and behold I had mail, and lots of it.

Getting mail here was very exciting. I had been a little concerned it wouldn't be delivered. The D.C. post office told me a couple different things about what needed to be done in order to forward mail. It being D.C., I automatically assumed they were making information up, or getting it wrong, as is usually the case.

But there it all was, my magazines, a couple final bills, an invitation to J and S's engagement party, and a D.C. jury summons, which I find really funny for some reason.

The pile of mail also made my move seem much more real. Like I'm not just on some extended vacation.

I can't wait to go back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kimberly, are you saying you can't wait to go back to D.C.? The jury summons is something you haven't gotten the whole time in D.C., is it? We still marvel when we see Wyoming plates out here, too, for some reason. It's not like it's unheard of. I actually talked to a lady the other day that said they had just moved here fom Cody a month ago. We talked about Wyoming a bit. It's a small world. It sounds like it's a humbling experience looking for some of those jobs, but fun. I'm sure you will get one of them. I remember when Dad and I hit the streets of Indianapolis looking for jobs, doing the same thing. Then we would meet at the top of the Indiana National Bank building, and eat free popcorn, and have a beer:) It was definitely a memorable time. Yours will be, too.